We are recruiting an Executive Manager
Recruitment Executive Manager
The European Technology Platform 'Plants for the Future' (Plant ETP) is recruiting a highly motivated and dynamic Executive Manager to run the ETP activities at the Brussels office.
The Plant ETP aims to enable the path of agricultural research and innovation in Europe. Our members represent the European plant sector and include industry, breeders, farmers and academia. We developed a 20-year vision, a short-, medium and long-term Strategic Research Agenda for Europe’s plant sector and set up strategic Action Plans to promote Innovation, Research and Education in the plant sector. We commission studies, participate in EU-funded projects, develop position papers, promote open innovation initiatives and engage in forward looking exercises to generate a common understanding on the impact of trends and other developments in the sector. Our current emphasis is on understanding the implications of gene editing technology and on how to best approach sustainable agriculture. The Plant ETP closely interacts with European Institutions, mostly DG Agri and DG RTD, as well as with MEPs to provide strategic advice on research and innovation topics. The Plant ETP Executive Manager shall lead and manage the Plant ETP activities in close collaboration with its membership and the Board of Directors to whom he/she reports.
Main responsibilities include:
- Setting strategic directions based on input from the Board, members and external sources
- Developing and maintaining links with decision-makers and acting as interlocutor towards the EU institutions, particularly the European Commission and the European Parliament
- Fostering collaboration between Plant ETP members and outreaching to stakeholders to develop (1) a common understanding and a forward look among actors of the agri-food value chain and (2) recommendations for EU R&I policy
- Organising and participating to workshops and events to identify opportunities across the value chain and to translate selected opportunities into annual activities and expenditures for Board approval
- Organising and managing internal meetings of the Board, the General Assembly and Plant ETP Working Groups, managing finances, and securing financial resources and other support
- Contributing to EU funded research projects to which the Plant ETP participates
- Working closely with the Plant ETP members on communication activities, and managing the Plant ETP website and social media activities
- Good understanding of plant science (minimum M.Sc. or equivalent experience in biology or agronomy) and ability to convey complex issues clearly and concisely
- Ability to act as an entrepreneur and to acquire third party financing
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, computer literacy: MS office
- Communication experience in multi-stakeholder environments and impacting skills
- Excellent English, other European languages are a plus
- Proven track record in project development and project management are a plus
Candidates from industry, farmer organizations and public research are invited to apply for either a permanent position or temporary detachment (minimum period 3 yrs). A work permit is required for non-EU citizens. Interested candidates should send their CV, a motivation letter and relevant documents, including their expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is November 28th, 2019. Interviews will be held on December 6, 9 and 10, 2019. Starting date: as soon as possible.